Saturday, April 14, 2012

October Baby

Just went to go see it last night...overall I thought it was quite good, though at times I wanted to yell at the girl a little bit...I think I'm just not the most patient of people :)

A story of forgiveness and love while bringing in the matter of abortion...all WITHOUT BEING PREACHY!! (this makes me happy because even though I'm a faithful Catholic it's always hard for me to sit through one of those in your face holy films...)

One thing that really stuck out to me: at one point, the main girl is talking to a nurse about a failed abortion, and the nurse mentions how she was always told that the baby wasn't a baby, but just a blob of tissue, but when she saw that baby come out "I didn't see no tissue. I just saw the face of a child".  **yes, that was a little vague, but I'm trying not to give away anything to important...

Overall, it was a really a good movie (and they stuck in an itty-bitty-bit  of romance for all you people that need a guy in your movies) and I highly suggest GO SEE IT!  The more  money this movie makes in theatres, the more good movies will come out this year. 

Oh yes, and the person behind us started to have a seizure in the middle of the film...she was okay, but it certainly added some drama to the night...

~Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment